Deal Structuring and Term Sheet Webinar
Time & Location
About the Event
This highly reviewed webinar is geared to both entrepreneurs and investors. It will take place in one 3-hour session. This is a serious half-day webinar, not a simple 1-hour overview, and is primarily designed for founders and investors in startup to early revenue technology companies, seeking Seed or Series A stage funding.
Instructor: Pieter Dorsman
Arguably the most important part of financing with long-term consequences, a term sheet lays the groundwork for ensuring parties involved in an investment transaction are in agreement on most major aspects of the deal. Because investment terms, company valuation, and the longer-term implications of investment terms are not “one size fits all”, it is important that both investors and entrepreneur understand the definition of terms and their application.
We will discuss:
- Common, Preferred, Convertible, and SAFEs
- Describe the effect of a term sheet
- Explain the purpose of individual terms and conditions on any term sheet
- Create new terms and conditions to address any specific risk
- Justify to an entrepreneur the inclusion of specific terms and conditions in a deal
- Describe how a term sheet is developed into more formal deal documentation.
- Closing the deal
- Lots of case studies