Thu, Mar 03|
Due Diligence Webinar
This highly reviewed webinar is geared toward entrepreneurs and investors. It will take place in a 3-hour session. This is a serious half-day workshop, not a simple 1-hour overview and is primarily designed for founders and investors in startup to early revenue technology companies, seeking funding.
Time & Location
Mar 03, 2022, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
About the Event
This highly reviewed webinar is geared to both entrepreneurs and investors. It will take place in one 3-hour session. This is a serious half day workshop, not a simple 1 hour overview and is primarily designed for founders and investors in startup to early revenue technology companies, seeking Seed or Series A stage funding.
Overview: Effective due diligence (DD) is one of the most important parts of angel investing. This module introduces both investors and entrepreneurs to the key investigations that will uncover major risk factors and potential deal-breakers. The module emphasizes how to identify the most critical information, the risks of not knowing it, and the methods and costs of getting it.
Participants will learn what it takes to mitigate the risk of investment by validating a market opportunity, a management team, and a plan. They will be introduced to a disciplined investigation approach that systematically examines sources of risk, which establishes the basis for a productive and trusting relationship between entrepreneur and investor.
By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Identify the major sources of risk in an investment deal
- Explain the tradeoffs inherent in the time and costs of due diligence
- Identify the essential risks in a particular deal and avoid wasting time on minor matters
- Apply a range of checklists, templates, and frameworks to ensure appropriate depth and breadth in their investigations
- Proactively manage the process of due diligence investigation